At present we have the following vacancies as Civil Peace Worker. Just click on the headline.
For our CPS-programme
“Strengthening local capacities for nonviolent conflict transformation
and political participation”
together with our partner organisation “Kalyana Mitta Development Foundation”
we are looking for an
International Peace Worker in Myanmar
Kalyana Mitta Development Foundation: “Education for Peace”-project
Kalyana Mitta Development Foundation is a registered NGO with projects in the fields of environment, eco farming, youth peace leadership. It works with the Sangha on peace awareness raising from a socially engaged Buddhist perspective. The “Education for Peace” project focus is on fostering the peace skills of pre-service teachers in the public education system. The project works with students of the University of Education in Sagaing and will be extended to the Yangon University of Education.
Field of work:
As an International Peace Worker you will work closely in the team including two local peace workers to strengthen KMF’s work in the field of peace education with a focus on peacebuilding awareness raising in the formal education sector.
- Planning, implementation, close monitoring and reporting of the CPS project
- Preparing, monitoring, evaluating trainings/workshops and other follow-up activities, designing training modules
- Building advocacy initiatives on peace education with local partner organization and participation in existing networks
- Facilitating processes regarding awareness-raising/capacity-building for nonviolence with a focus on the educational system and peace education
- Engaging in public relations and advocacy activities as well as networking with other organisations as required by the partner organisation
- Integrating into the partner organisations young team and adjustment to the partner organisations’ working conditions
- Budget planning and monitoring, ensuring a proper and adequate application of funds and regular communication with the CPS country coordinator and KURVE Wustrow in Germany
- Developing ongoing conflict and security analysis related to the CPS work and close cooperation with other CPS workers in Myanmar
- Where necessary, public relation and networking activities in Germany
- University or similar degree in peace and conflict studies, political science, international relations, or another relevant field
- Sound knowledge and experience in the field of peacebuilding and civil conflict transformation; experience in the field of peace education in the formal education sector and in trainings related to negotiation and facilitation skills is a strong asset
- Work experience within NGOs, preferably in international and conflict context and with grassroots youth organizations; ability to work and build trust with diverse stakeholders (communities, students, government authorities, international agencies, other NGOs, etc.)
- Advocacy, campaign and networking experience would be an asset, development of respective strategy plans with KMF and in other joint networks; good reporting and documentation skills
- Willingness for frequent and longer work travel outside of Yangon (to remote (conflict) areas), readiness to work on weekends and public holidays
- Very good team player with intercultural competences; analytical and strategic thinking, ability for self-reflection, high flexibility, motivation and adaptability to live and work in conditions with basic facilities
- Contextual knowledge about Peace Education in the Myanmar context or willingness to develop this knowledge in depth
- Good computer skills including social media
- Fluency in English and motivation to learn Burmese, German language skills an asset
We offer a contract according to the German law for development aid workers (only for EU-citizens plus Switzerland) until December 2020, provided that the subsequent application in the CPS program is approved beyond 31.12.2019. The contract including a preparation period in Germany would start on 1st October 2018.
For your application (in English) please use our ONLINE-application form by using the following code Myanmar_FFK_KMF until June 3rd, 2018.
Job interviews will take place in Wustrow (Wendland, Lower Saxony, Germany) in the calendar weeks 24 and 25.
For our CPS-programme
“Strengthening nonviolent initiatives with a focus on advocacy”
we are looking for an
International Peace Worker (m/f) in Palestine/Israel
Fields of activity:
The International Peace Worker will be located together with two colleagues in our KURVE cooperation and coordination office in Al-Walajah / Bethlehem and will work with several partners in their respective locations in the West Bank and Israel.
Content key aspects:
Consultation, support and backstopping of nonviolent initiatives in the West Bank and Israel, particularly in the fields of advocacy, networking and documentation.
Fields of activity:
- Planning and implementation of the CPS-project within the team and with our local partners, integration into the team of our partners
- Support of organisational processes in program development or organisational development
- Support in planning and implementation of advocacy and lobbying activities and the relevant strategies of our partners
- Identification and elaboration of our partners‘ requirements in capacity enhancing and process backstopping
- Training and coaching of our partners in advocacy and lobbying
- Project management: planning, implementation and monitoring of project activities together with our partners
- Organisation and implementation of trainings and networking as well as moderation of internal processes within the group
- Supporting the development of media products
- Ensuring proper finance management and reporting as well as continuous communication with the CPS country coordinator and the KURVE head office
- Contribution to and support of activities regarding the cross sector topics gender and human rights
- Contribution to the CPS country coordinator’s continuous conflict and security analyses, close cooperation with the civil peace workers on site
- Contribution to comprehensive cross-organisational processes of CPS organisations
- Contribution to networking, public relations and information activities of KURVE Wustrow in Germany, as necessary
- Relevant university or college degree (e.g. community work, peace and conflict studies)
- Relevant advanced training and experience in civil, nonviolent conflict transformation (e.g. training as civil peace worker or coach for conflict transformation)
- Thorough work experience in community organising, in preference in intercultural teams and/or abroad
- Experience in or acquaintance with nonviolent social movements and with human rights work
- Practical experience in advocacy and lobbying, media work (preferably social media), coaching and training in advocacy and lobbying
- Contextual knowledge and/or work experience in the Occupied Palestinian Territories and/or Israel are an asset
- Strong cultural sensitivity, professional handling of sensitive issues and discourses
- Experience in participatory planning and implementation of projects incl. PM&E, experience in project accountancy
- Respectful, intercultural, sensitive attitude and ability to self-reflect; high degree of flexibility, good team-player
- Very good knowledge of English; knowledge of Arabic and/or Hebrew an asset
- Readiness for official travels, possibly in difficult circumstances
We offer a contract according to the German law for development aid workers
(only for EU-citizens, EEA plus Switzerland) until December 31st, 2020. The contract including a preparation period in Germany would start presumably on October 1st 2018.
For your application (in English) please use our ONLINE-application form by using the following code Palästina_FFK_Advocacy until June 1st, 2018.
The job interviews will take place in Wustrow (Wendland, Lower Saxony, Germany) in the calendar weeks 24 and 25.