Currently we have the following posts as civil peace worker.
For our CPS-programme
“Strengthening nonviolent initiatives and human rights”
we are looking for an
International Peace Worker (m/f/d) in Palestine/Israel
Fields of activity:
The International Peace Worker will be located together with three colleagues in our KURVE cooperation and coordination office in Al-Walajah / Bethlehem and will work with several partners in their respective locations, predominantly in the West Bank.
Content key aspects:
Consultation, support and backstopping of nonviolent initiatives in the West Bank and Israel, particularly in the fields of advocacy, organisational development, networking and documentation.
Fields of activity:
- Planning and implementation of the CPS-project within the team and with our local partners, integration into the team of our partners
- Support of organisational processes in program development or organisational development
- Project management: planning, implementation and monitoring of project activities together with our partners
- Support in planning and implementation of advocacy and lobbying activities and the relevant strategies of our partners
- Identification of our partners requirements in capacity enhancing and process backstopping, especially in advocacy and lobbying
- Training and coaching of our partners
- Organisation and implementation of trainings and networking as well as moderation of internal processes within the group
- Supporting the development of media products
- Ensuring proper finance management and reporting as well as continuous communication with the CPS country coordinator and the KURVE head office
- Contribution to and support of activities regarding the cross sector topics gender and human rights
- Contribution to the CPS country coordinator’s continuous conflict and security analyses, close cooperation with the civil peace workers on site
- Contribution to comprehensive cross-organisational processes of CPS organisations
- Contribution to networking, public relations and information activities of KURVE Wustrow in Germany, as necessary
- Relevant university or college degree (e.g. social sciences, political sciences, peace and conflict studies, social work)
- Relevant advanced training and experience in civil, nonviolent conflict transformation (e.g. training as civil peace worker or coach for conflict transformation)
- Thorough work experience in community organising, in preference in intercultural teams and/or abroad
- Experience in or acquaintance with nonviolent social movements and with human rights work
- Practical experience in advocacy and lobbying, media work (preferably social media), coaching and training in advocacy and lobbying
- Contextual knowledge and/or work experience in the Occupied Palestinian Territories and/or Israel are an asset
- Strong cultural sensitivity, professional handling of sensitive issues and discourses
- Experience in participatory planning and implementation of projects incl. PM&E, experience in project accountancy
- Respectful, intercultural, sensitive attitude and ability to self-reflect; high degree of flexibility, good team-player
- Very good knowledge of English; knowledge of Arabic and/or Hebrew are an asset
- Readiness for official travels, possibly in difficult circumstances
We offer a contract according to the German law for development aid workers
(only for EU-citizens) until December 31st, 2023. The contract including a preparation period in Germany would start presumably on September 15th, 2020. Due to unpredictable developments concerning the Covid-19 pandemic, this job offer is under reservation.
For your application (in English) please use our ONLINE-application form by using the following code Palästina_FFK until July 22nd, 2020.
The job interviews will take place in Wustrow (Wendland, Lower Saxony, Germany) OR online in calendar week 33.